Life Camp’s mission is to develop positive character through the performing and visual arts and life-skills training.
Have Fun! Fun! & More Fun!
Having fun is a core principle of Life Camp. The summer break should not stop the learning opportunities. With a host of trips and adventures, Life Camp takes the boring out of summer and replaces it with FUN activities that stimulate learning through hands-on experiences.
Set A Standard of Excellence
By establishing a standard of excellence, the entire Life Camp community understands our mission. We are not a “regular” summer camp. We are a summer experience designed to create positive memories that will last a lifetime.
Empower The Next Generation
Knowledge has the ability to empower for generations. Our programs have been created with this philosophy in mind. There is a good chance that our campers and their parents will learn something new at Life Camp. Additionally, we establish a parent community as we seek to support our parents with resources to help them with the challenges that might come with parenting.
Inspire Creativity & Adventure
When many people think if learning, they think of sitting in a classroom, an instructor and raising hands. While this is one form of learning, Life Camp uses multiple ways to teach. Our core philosophy is to encourage hands-on learning experiences. We also encourage our campers to be themselves and explore. We do not place our campers in a box.
When you become a part of Life Camp, you become a part of a family. We are here to support and build our campers. Parents who enroll their children into the Life Camp program also receive additional resources that will encourage them in their parenting journey.
The Life Camp philosophy is simple: Provide campers with a well-rounded, AMAZING, summer experience.
The Life Camp system has been developed to stimulate multiple developmental areas for our campers:
- Performing Arts — builds confidence, social skills and promote artistic development
- African Immersion — discover the history, culture, fashion, languages and cuisine of the some of the countries in Africa
- Personal Development – life strategies, personal disciplines and mental toughness
- Multimedia – YouTube Channel creation, video editing and audio production
- Visual Arts — allows for creative expression
- Financial Literacy — prepares for a lifetime of financial understanding and wise decisions
- Field Trips — allows for learning opportunities and develops social skills
- Life Skills — prepares campers (ages 8 to 15) for real-life scenarios. Job interview prep, social media etiquette, personal hygiene and college financing preparation are a part of the Life Camp experience.
- Having FUN — while planting positive seeds is the ultimate goal of Life Camp!