Life Camp’s mission is to develop positive character through the performing and visual arts, sports and life-skills training. Proverbs 22:6
The Life Camp philosophy is simple. Our goal is to provide campers with a well -rounded, FUN, summer experience.
For many children, the summer months can be a time of idle activity. The Life Camp system has been developed to stimulate multiple developmental areas for our campers.
- Performing Arts build confidence, social skills and promote artistic development.
- Visual Arts allow for creative expression
- Financial Literacy prepares for a lifetime of financial understanding and wise decisions.
- Sports support a healthy and active lifestyle while building confidence.
- Field Trips allow for learning and developing social skills.
- Life Skills (Life Prep Academy) prepares campers (ages 8 to 14) for real-life scenarios. Job interview prep, social media etiquette, personal hygiene and college financing preparation are a part of the new additions to Life Camp this year.
- Having FUN while planting positive seeds is the ultimate goal of Life Camp!
We believe in investing in our children using a systematic approach. Former campers have moved into adulthood with the tools needed to lay the foundation for successful careers and lives.
Our camp purpose is to provide a safe atmosphere with lots of fun, activities, and learning. Our camp is registered with the State of Maryland and complies with all regulations. This year our goal is to provide your child(ren) with a summer camp full of programs, adventures, and learning experiences that will be both meaningful and memorable.
Life Camp’s directors oversee Life Camp counselors and Jr. Camp counselors. There are camp counselors for each age group.
Life Camp’s counselors work with campers daily. They directly supervise each age group. These are the primary care givers to the children.
Jr. Camp Counselors
Life Camp’s Jr. Camp counselors assist camp counselors in the supervision of children. They have been required to attend the same training as the camp counselor.
To ensure that Life Camp operates with the highest level of integrity and excellence, our administrative staff oversees the financial and administrative tasks for the camp.
Life Camp Directors, Counselors and Jr. Counselors submit to an application and interview process. Each potential employee has a criminal background check performed. After completing the background check, each employee is extensively trained on camp policies and procedures.
LIFE CAMP IS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR SUMMER TEAM!
We are building a team of gifted and committed people dedicated to providing a Christ-centered, safe, fun and educational experience for our campers.
Who are we looking for?
(at least one of the following)
- Counselors who have skills with performing arts (Theatrical Directors, Choreographers).
- Counselors with a commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsements.
- Counselors who have experience working with children.
- Counselors who have experience in sports training (i.e. basketball)
- Counselors who have life skills training.
If you meet any of the above qualifications, consider applying for Life Camp.
Volunteers MUST be at least 16 years old.
ALL STAFF MEMBERS MUST SUBMIT TO A FEDERAL AND STATE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND ATTEND MANDATORY LIFE CAMP TRAINING.
Please complete the online application for apply for employment with Life Camp.
*Parents seeking employment for their children will disqualify their child from consideration. Please have the child apply and express interest for any position on their own.